Dakillas-F1
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rfactor and PS3

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2

Go down 
+14
j-s parent
El Harto
royleeiv
Mclaren2008
progolfer69
Norbi
Allyc4t
hs240
Luputtaja
holy_sword
djcarney
bg-ai3
ExJai
Admin
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 Empty
PostSubject: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:50 pm

BAHRAIN GP
Back to top Go down
https://dakillasf1.forumotion.net
ExJai
DKS F1 Pilot

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:14 pm

Exjai can be seeing crying and throwing things at the Toyota mechanics,

"how do you spend over half a billion dollars and not build a car with brakes that can last 46 laps instead of 41? sigh.. grats to the winner.. atleast his team can make brakes.. are they looking for a driver?" Exjai said with a angry look in front of journalists later in the day.

more on the race later,

BBC F1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 pm

MCLAREN no points after round 1.....what a season its going to be
Back to top Go down
https://dakillasf1.forumotion.net
bg-ai3
DKS_F1 CHAMP
DKS_F1 CHAMP
bg-ai3

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:36 pm

good race congrats to the podium finishers skimmilk, djcarney, and liquidbruin..you guys start the season off on the right foot.

good job elharto and jason, scoring good points in very first gp. was wierd race, but thats what to expect in first round of season...

Time for Mclaren to go to the drawing board, We blame our struggles on Whitmarsh Very Happy ......
Back to top Go down
http://www.dks-f1racing.com
djcarney
DKS F1 Pilot
djcarney

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Red Bull Report

Practice

Well a new mod and I did as much practicing as possible and worked on a set up throughout the week. had some good practice sessions with a few others this week on the server.

Qualifying

My goal was to be top 10 and looking at the times of others I just might squeek in. some really fast times and very close. I managed 8th I beleive and moved onto Q3.
in the final session we Q'd 8th and hoped for the best in the race.

Race

I had a good start thought I botched it a little but found some grip and was upto 4th by T2. as the field sorted itself out I was under pressure by acouple of the quicker guys that made bad starts and they soon got by. by my 1st stop I was about 5th position and kept going the gap to 4th was just a few seconds.

Pitstop 2 went good aswell with 3 of us pitting @ the same time and running close. with about 13 laps to go we would have to push and keep our heads and not make any mistakes... with a handful of laps left acouple cars up front went out. brakes maybe? or a spin off? not sure but we were now upto 3rd just a few seconds behind P2 and P1. the battle for 1st was close and with a few laps left something must of happened as Liquid went wide and I got by, now upto P2 I just had to hang on and be smooth and not make any mistakes.. with a few seconds gap back to P3 I was'nt under pressure and brought it home!

Epilouge

Team Red Bull finished 2nd and 6th and are pleased with getting both cars into the points!
Back to top Go down
holy_sword
DKS F1 Pilot
holy_sword

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 7:40 pm

great race Skim.

Special shot out to my teammate Sami who finished in the ponits., Great job, Flavio Briatore would be proud.
Back to top Go down
Luputtaja
DKS F1 Pilot
Luputtaja

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 6:06 am

holy_sword wrote:
great race Skim.

Special shot out to my teammate Sami who finished in the ponits., Great job, Flavio Briatore would be proud.
if you knew what happened he wouldnt be proud hitted wall at lap 3 coz lost traction and spun but with broken suspension i just pulled my car to finish and typical luck that exjai had his failure so i made it to points but this will be interesting season!
Back to top Go down
hs240
DKS F1 Pilot
hs240

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 am

wow,what a result.
One of williams driver safely arrived Japan to pick up tricked diffuser!!
Team will have it on May 5th to be testing it, and aim for 1-2 finish!
Back to top Go down
pro_golf

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Great win for Skimbo!!! lol!! look out the Super Friends are back!!!! this season is going to be a blast!! tons of fast guys and lots o' battles!! can't wait to see what Spain brings us.
Back to top Go down
Luputtaja
DKS F1 Pilot
Luputtaja

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:24 pm

daamn awesome start got up to like 8th then just super aguri spun infront of me and had no where to go so had pretty small contact but went on grass coz tried to evade it so after that i was back on 16th or so there many had first lap crashes so got back on near top 10 and pushed HARD so that was bad idea with hard tires and alot of fuel then spun and lost front wing so there on pits got something like 26 laps of fuel and that was bad idea coz after it i was ofc even more in mood for pushing like trulli said hell so then i spun again but this time someone did hit me and very sorry for that redbull.... well nice to have over 15 racers so much drama Cool and overtakes
Back to top Go down
bg-ai3
DKS_F1 CHAMP
DKS_F1 CHAMP
bg-ai3

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:35 pm

good race from the standpoint that norbi picked up first victory of the season. i guess should expect wierd race at catalunya.

guys that are getting lapped you must pay attention, it is very unneccessary to be doing some of the stuff i was witnessing. if your getting lapped pull off the racing line!!! do not slow down on the racing line.. come on people.. i personally spun out twice avoiding lap traffic not getting out the way.

as for my race with allyc4t, im not even going to say anything, blocking people to the point of going off track pretty much is uncalled for....ill admit i do contact you earlier in 3rd sector, so maybe i deserved no room. its hard being stuck behind slow traffic.

CONGRATS NORBI, I BELIEVE YOU CATAPULTED YOURSELF INTO GOOD STANDING IN THE POINTS.
Back to top Go down
Allyc4t
DKS F1 Pilot

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:56 pm

bg-ai3 wrote:
as for my race with allyc4t, im not even going to say anything, blocking people to the point of going off track pretty much is uncalled for....ill admit i do contact you earlier in 3rd sector, so maybe i deserved no room.

Erm... go back, yes go back and watch the replay, I didnt move over twice *illegal*, I didnt move across during a braking zone *illegal* and all the defending i was MIDTRACK, i didnt force you to go onto the grass. As for the incident in the 3rd sector, if you didnt try such a desperate move in the first place there would have been no contact.

Anyways had a fun race racing with skimmilk at the start and then bgai during the last 5 laps.
Back to top Go down
Norbi
DKS F1 Pilot
Norbi

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Thank you everyone for great race. I really enjoy 1st place, caze I knew there are some guys faster than me in practice sessions.

I had good qualy lap in both q's. In race my first stint I decided to run on soft tires and with fuel for 13 laps after qualy. It was really good choise caze I gain really a lot of time in 1st stint. Later 2 stints I ran on medium compund with fuel for 20 laps both:) I had a lot of lucky that bg-ai3 sleept a little at start so I had clean track and I guees it would be hard fight with you:D:D

@ "guys that are getting lapped you must pay attention, it is very unneccessary to be doing some of the stuff i was witnessing"

I have to agree. For example. I had contact with Jason Boden on lap 32, T2. I was exiting the corner quite fast and suddenly after corner, he slowed down;o;o but also he didn't get of the line;o;o so I couldn't avoid the little contact. But for our luck it didn't cauze any serious damages. Also I had few situations like on start/meta straight, I was behind some ppl and their didn't even slow down and keept their left line... really dangerous and ... annoying:)

Congratz to everyone who finished the race, and I think there will be a lot of hard fight to win again:)

@btw I hope so chaos at formation lap isn't to often;p
Back to top Go down
progolfer69
DKS F1 Pilot
progolfer69

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:28 pm

great win Norbi!! you were flying!! congratz to the other podium finishers!! lots of good battles early. i agree some of the ppl that are running a lap or more down need to try to get out of the way a lot sooner than they do. if ya see the blue flag GET OUT OF THE WAY PLZ!! trust me i'll do it for you!! some blocking is fine, cutting right acrossed the front of someone to keep them behind you seems a little desperate to me and the chace of wrecking both of you makes it stupid too. lets have fun and race clean!! cya in mugello
Back to top Go down
djcarney
DKS F1 Pilot
djcarney

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:46 pm

This is how it should be.......

General Passing
The responsibility for the decision to pass another car, and to do it safely, rests with the overtaking driver. The overtaken driver should be aware that he/she is being passed and must not impede that pass by blocking.

Once the trailing car has its front wheels next to the driver of the other vehicle, it is considered that the trailing car has the right to be there and that the leading driver must leave the trailing driver enough "racing room". "Racing room" is defined as 'at least three quarters of one car width'. In most cases, incidental side-to-side contact is considered to be "just a racing incident."

Being Lapped
Slower cars are not to move over for faster cars approaching. If you wish to assist; Hold your normal racing line (entry, apex, and exit of all corners) until a long straight. On that long straight allow the faster car to move off-line to initiate the pass at which time you can lift off the throttle to assist an easy and clean pass. Do not lift off the throttle until the faster car has initiated the pass by moving off-line.

This is not permission for a car being lapped to contest lead-lap cars, or cars in a different class. This policy is in place so slower cars stay predictable when a faster car approaches. Altering your normal racing line is unpredictable and the faster cars are unaware of your intentions. Allow the faster car to make the decisions.

So alll you guys saying get out of the way are wrong you need to make a safe pass while the slower car holds his line. a car being lapped should'nt be racing a faster car either and making unpredictable moves......

I'd like to add something else conserning the warm up formation lap.

Drivers should give several car lengths to the guy in front as drivers are weaving back and forth to warm tires and slowing speeding up to warm brakes. I had a guy literally on my rear wing for the entire lap and nearly running into me several times.. GIVE ROOM! you are not racing this is a warm up lap.
Back to top Go down
bg-ai3
DKS_F1 CHAMP
DKS_F1 CHAMP
bg-ai3

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 11:07 pm

djcarney, no problem with you from my point of view in race ...but i will wait till the shoe is on the other foot....its very hard to keep a good pace going wen you get stuck behind people who are 2-3 seconds slower than you are....i dont care where you got that explanation of how lapped drivers should be overtaken, here, they should try to move off racing line as soon as possible. as soon as the blue flag shows, the slower driver should try his best to get out the way, its common courtesy. this is f1....

you say that the person doesnt have to move off the racing line. when you are battling for a podium position and loss and x amount of seconds from being 1st or 2nd because you had spun out trying to lap people who wouldnt pay attention etc, ill refer you back to those comments. all good fun though, simulation aspect we will have to get used to. first race with 20+ drivers, so no one was really use to that much traffic. its all part of racing, but at the moment it does get a bit frustrating... i dont think anyone is pissed off at someone, just gotta do a little better.

this week will be another relatively short width track so qualifying is going to be key.
Back to top Go down
djcarney
DKS F1 Pilot
djcarney

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:03 am

bg-ai3 If you are 2-3 seconds a lap faster you won't be stuck behind for long. the thing is when lapping cars you need to pass @ the right point on track and not in the areas where passing is hard where you could compromise your race.

If the lapped car holds his line it is much easier for the faster car to get by. it's that simple the faster car can make the move of course the lapped car should lift off and not attempt to block that is wrong and lapped cars should'nt race the faster cars either...

my point is'nt directed personally just generally....

I did another F1 race before this one and while lapping a car who moved off line on a straight suddenly moved back over and slammed onthe brakes catching me off guard and eneding with me punting him and me spinning.... now if he had held the race line down the straight I would have gone down the inside off line he could off let off into the corner and i pass by safely.... that's how it's done in F1 most of the time....
Back to top Go down
progolfer69
DKS F1 Pilot
progolfer69

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:24 am

while i agree with you on the general passing comments DJ, you are compleatly off base on the lapped car situation, watch a real f1 race and you will see what i mean. lappers move off the racing line to allow faster cars thru all the time not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Norbi
DKS F1 Pilot
Norbi

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:33 pm

progolfer69 wrote:
while i agree with you on the general passing comments DJ, you are compleatly off base on the lapped car situation, watch a real f1 race and you will see what i mean. lappers move off the racing line to allow faster cars thru all the time not the other way around.

Completly agree!!
Back to top Go down
djcarney
DKS F1 Pilot
djcarney

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 2:07 pm

oh I've never seen a real F1 race Rolling Eyes

I said most of the time..............

you don't see cars moving off line (very often) in hard to pass places like twisty bits.....

My race was ruined by a lapped down car crashing and parking itself in the middle of the track. I had to race around with a very badly damaged car.
Back to top Go down
hs240
DKS F1 Pilot
hs240

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 10, 2009 3:53 pm

if the lapped car not moving off line, then there is the chance that he might not seen the car coming from behind.
Then if faster car go inside, and assume he will let faster guy go, but
if lapped car not looking at, he might go to his racing line, which will block and possible collision.
That is worst case to happen.
moving off line will assure that slower guy recognizing faster car coming from behind, and ready to let faster guy go.
Real F1 is the same way for safety and sportsmanship.
Back to top Go down
bg-ai3
DKS_F1 CHAMP
DKS_F1 CHAMP
bg-ai3

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:33 am

mugello today, pw for roomms dks

alot of absences this weekend, most likely not to be a full room like spain was..anyway good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mclaren2008
DKS F1 Pilot
Mclaren2008

PostSubject: WHAT??????   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 16, 2009 5:01 pm

my enigne is damaga but it dont see a message about enige that it will damage....NOTING...i am very sad....i hope someone can me explain about enigne that it dont damage(drivingstyl)
THE RACE was good... i will be 3 or 4...if no enigne damage....
Back to top Go down
Luputtaja
DKS F1 Pilot
Luputtaja

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySun May 17, 2009 5:38 am

damn im actually driving just like piquet jr here well now i try to work on staying ON TRACK for whole race not just randomly crashing at first 5 laps
Back to top Go down
Luputtaja
DKS F1 Pilot
Luputtaja

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:09 pm

lol what a start just if i could keep it on road after that to well now it was fun monaco gp was able to do some cool overtakes and really had fun even while knowing that i screwd everything up crashed twice and putted 50 laps of fuel after lap 2 crash and so on lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2   RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RACE ROUND UP SEASON 2
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next